Monday, September 19, 2011

Shanka!


A quick drawing of a the Shanka while waiting for scenes. The thing I remember most in the descriptions of them (When we eventually got one two books in) was that they had wide flat heads, long hairy arms and teeth so deformed their lips couldn't close over them. I guess long hairy arms doesn't necessarily mean long hair on their arms but I had kind of pictured them as a feral orcy orangutang race. I would have drawn the arm hair way long but it looks weird when I do that.

7 comments:

Sean said...

Oh cool.

Fucking flatheads. There's never just one, is there?

Sean Covernton said...

Yeah there is. See! Just one!

Sean said...

True enough. But you know more of his stinking, gibbering brethren are nearby just waiting to put the next northman they see back in the mud.

Sloth said...

neat, its like a distant descendant of planet of the apes, or donkey kongs downs syndrome cousin

William Bradford said...

Dude, your monsters are getting awesome. Your varying up your drawing/finishing style a lot too. BULLY sir! I especially like the banshee

Anonymous said...

good one mate! I just always thought the shanka would look something like the falmer from skyrim.if u haven't played it, google it!!

DM Perky said...

I love this illustration! How can I contact you for permission to use it?