Friday, January 16, 2009

Zap! *EDIT* Now with 200% more KAPOW







It's weird. I don't really like sci fi. I like some sci fi. As a kid I used to like sci fi. But I'm finding it hard to rediscover what triggers the interest. I watched my new iron man dvd and this painting happened during the movie. Not a huge fan but it's very different from what I normally try and do (look! Not a skull in sight!) so I figured I'd throw it up there. Anybody out there into this kinda stuff feel free to fire advice my way!

**EDIT

Had some more stuff I wanted to post and didn't feel like it deserved it's own entry. So I'm tacking it on to the space battle experiment thing. The Pig Person of the Padulang is from the avalanche blog topic. I like drawing pig people so... you know any excuse I can get. Also the sketches! the more scenic ones were going to be paintings but my robot whim has expired and that old man in the study thing is suspiciously like an image of Deckard Cain from the DiabloIII website so... no dice.

5 comments:

William Bradford said...

I'm probably in the same boat; never into it to passionately, but I can definitely get a buzz off robots laser-scrapping in some space dog fight.

And I love the pose of the laser-shooting one, just cause it's such an un-macho pose for a ultra-fighter-bot to strike while fighting. This is why I'll probably never be a good action director: I love goofy stances in fight scenes.

Anonymous said...

Nice Bots on ya! very cool Sean. In answer to your question...No not all were done on 9 field...only in Japan and this one studio who did it, Sunwoo did on 12 field and 16 field...

keith wilson said...

Yay lasers! Theres hope for you yet! The armour looks great!

Trent Correy said...

Hey Man

My name is Trent, I'm from Ottawa Ontario, just wanted to say how awesome you blog and animation is. I espiecally dig your life drawing, great stuff. I currently go to Algonquin College for animation, in my third year, working on a film with two others. I didn't even realize there was an animation college out West!(I guess that's how clueless the East is...) Again, awesome stuff, your life drawing is something I am striving for!
Check out my blog when you get a chance, I would love to hear feedback
trentportfolio.blogspot.com
cheers
Trent Correy

May Wa LENG said...

THose lasers remind me of those old portraits you got as a kid with those lasers. Zaaaap!