Monday, October 8, 2007

October is so BUSY!!!





Well I am sick as a dog (that is also sick). But no time to rest because October is traditionally the month I am not allowed to sleep well. Ben and I are working on a haunted gallery for the Haunted Trolley Tour. So my weekend was spent making skulls. Don't get me wrong, that is possibly my favorite thing in the whole wide world, however doing it on very little sleep while slightly hung over and with a cold ain't the best place to be. So today when I got back from skull making I stayed in and watched 8 hours of Tales from the Crypt. Delightful evening. So anyhoo, here's two terrible phone-photos of a skull I made the other night (This one had more effort put into it than your average skull) and of the stone wall Sarah helped carve and paint. Oh and big thanks to Keith for helping out with the latexing and aging on Saturday! You're a trooper!

6 comments:

keith wilson said...

Gee that skull really turned out nicely. Is that the tp one or the latex one?

Sean Covernton said...

Latex layer applied. While it's wet, toilet paper applied, then brushed in with more latex. The paper wrinkles and tears as you brush it and makes better skin-like texture. Oh yeah. Your headwound skull turned out great. Definitely the best of the bunch!

Sloth said...

the skull turned out nice for sure, although i dont get what is in the middle of the wall, i'm sure its nicer than the photo, post more pics when you get the chance :) cell phone or otherwise :)

Sean Covernton said...

it's a gold-framed mirror. yeah.. I wish my phone took better photos but... alas...

Meg Shaw said...

the skull looks fantastic.
Just out of curiosity, did you do a something similar using your head as a model, but with a twisted face, and put it in a display window at that glasses shop on Granville street? Cause I walked passed it the other day and did a double take...maybe I'm just seeing things...

Sean Covernton said...

hahaha... I don't think so but now I have to check it out. I noticed from a distance that they had their yearly display up.... probably walk by tonight and give'r a look!