Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Happy Layout



So the gloomy layout took a couple hours. The happy layout took a couple days. Happiness is clearly too much effort. Might go and touch this up a lot more in the next couple days but I feel the need to post it or I'll be up fiddling all night. Posting gives me a sense of closure. The other drawings are me fiddling around with markers and watercolour pencils (the watercolour of cowards) Hurray for the photocopier, which allowed me a couple attempts at each idea. The girl was vaguely inspired by flipping through the Ring Circus comics and the fat lady is inspired by a song called "The Fat Lady of Limburgh" which is an awesome song with some very confusing lyrics. What the hell is a "jellyfish kiss"?!?!?!

8 comments:

SAL said...

I gasped out loud with girlish glee at the beautiful blue image at the bottom of the fat lady.

Beautiful work my man sean.

keith wilson said...

Whats this, happy stuff? I dont like the direction this is going at all, this happy stuff is .... wait theres a carved oggily boggily in the foreground ok i love it. good stuff.

May Wa LENG said...

this is truley amazing, it totally worked for me, check it:
http://www.time4vids.com/?id=fdefb53a826e078f7ce8783b311b18a0

Tealin said...

That fat lady is hilariously awesome. I like how she's like a troll under the bridge, taking tribute from passers-by but apparently immobile. Ring Circus Girl is cool too ... it's like you've been going to life drawing or something (when it's not cancelled)!

Keith: Hehehe.

Skid Knee said...

Hahahaha I love the old man rock, the expression is awesome. I love expressions!

William Bradford said...

Killer...

William Bradford said...

killer!

Rick Capistrano said...

that's a very nice layout, man.i like it.