Sunday, June 24, 2007

experimenting






I was going to experiment more with painterX but Ole Chuggy here can't quite get up to speed so it'll have to wait for this upgrade I keep telling myself I'm going to get. In the meantime here's some stuff I've been fiddling with. I'm horror binging this weekend so my colour offerings are in exclusively Ring-through-Dead Silence blue and red tones. Mainly I was trying to get something approaching wood texture on the ghost one. It's one of those moments where I would have had a better time of it if I'd put a little more into the original sketch because it's hard to put certain details back in with the wacom tablet. The other is an illustration I've been wanting to do for ages... it didn't turn out how I wanted so maybe I'll take another run at it later. Also there are some sketches of some characters I was playing with. Way too titans-y at the moment but I kinda like 'em anyway.

4 comments:

Skid Knee said...

Have I sent you this link before? You might dig it, its pretty fun to listen to! It makes me want to go on a B-movie rampage.

http://headless-spectre-radio.blogspot.com/

Sean Covernton said...

NO! Woah! Thanks for the link! There's a file in there I've been hunting for years now. I had it from ages ago but it got lost in the Great Computer crash of '04!

In gracious thanks I offer ye up a sampling of a CD I ordered a while back that you might like. http://cdbaby.com/cd/cfeature

Tealin said...

Well... I like the Telltale Heart illustration, even if no one else does. The flat colours are nice and clear.

-frank said...

the second one is brilliant.